Sociedad Latina is also hiring for a dynamic Grants Manager to join our Development Team. The position provides an exciting opportunity to solicit institutional funders, coordinate the organizational evaluation plan, cultivate individual donors and build supervision skills. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, salary history and two grant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
- Plan and implement strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of foundations, corporations and government agencies.
- Write and submit high-quality letters of intents, proposals and reports to institutional funders, meeting internal and external deadlines. Secure new and multi-year funding.
- Supervise two Development Associates. Review and approve the submission of Development Associates’ proposals and reports.
- Conduct grants research to identify new prospects. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of programmatic areas in order to effectively identify and solicit grants.
- Liaise with program staff to develop proposal and report content and to deepen understanding of program activities, service model and best practices.
- Support with other fundraising activities as needed, including individual donors, event sponsorships and a capital campaign.
Evaluation & Reporting
- Coordinate the organizational Evaluation & Reporting plan and update annually.
- Serve as site administrator of evaluation database, including training staff, troubleshooting issues and maintaining design and functionality.
- Collect and analyze demographic, enrollment and assessment results on a quarterly basis.
- Create tools to share impact and tell Sociedad Latina’s story to funders, partners and other supporters, as well as to craft a compelling case for support.
- Ensure external reporting requirements are met.
- Build staff capacity to effectively evaluate and report on programmatic activities.
Marketing & Communications
- Supervise the Development Associate responsible for the organizational Marketing & Communications plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in the fundraising, grant writing, including a track record of successful six-figure and multi-year grant awards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail, clarity of expression and familiarity with proposal structure/language
- Experience with evaluation, database management and assessment tools
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks fluidly and efficiently
- Creativity, resourcefulness and initiative, as well as motivation to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Sociedad Latina’s mission of partnering with Latino youth and families